Thursday Thought — Questioning Your Lawyer
In addition to the recent post by an ACFJ reader, Still Reforming, Questions to Ask Before Retaining a Lawyer if you are a Victim of Domestic Abuse, we also have an article on our Legal Issues resource page that provides additional questions and helpful advice to consider when retaining a lawyer. Below are a couple of the suggested questions from that article. You can read the complete article at Questioning Your Lawyer.
- Have you ever handled a case like mine?
- What was the outcome? How was the case disposed?
- What steps would you take in handling a case like mine?
- Can you give me two to three names of previous clients I can speak with regarding your services?
- What organizations do you belong to? Follow this with a Google search.
If you’ve never commented on this blog before it is important to read our New Users’ Info page because it gives tips for how to guard your safety while commenting on the blog. And if you’re new to this blog we encourage you look at our FAQs. The New Users Info page and the FAQs can also be found on the top menu bar.