Blog News: Gift Books offer — Additional news
Update: we have a backlog of requests for gift books so this program is suspended until we catch up, but we will change this notification as soon as we do.
In an earlier post we announced a gift book offer to cash-strapped victims. In addition to cash-strapped victims we want to make this offer available to victims living in this scenario:
If your only credit card account is one that you and your abuser jointly share, you would be understandably hesitant to purchase books with that card. So this offer is open to you as well.
Reiterating this Offer
As donations and supplies allow the following books are available:
- Not Under Bondage by Barbara Roberts (paperback or *audio version)
- Why Does He Do That? by Lundy Bancroft (paperback or kindle)
- A Cry For Justice by Jeff Crippen (paperback)
- Unholy Charade by Jeff Crippen (paperback or kindle)
- How He Gets Into Her Head: The Mind of the Male Intimate Abuser by Don Hennessy
- Steps to Freedom: Escaping Intimate Control by Don Hennessy
To learn more about this book see Barbara’s post: Steps to Freedom: Escaping Intimate Control – Don Hennessy’s new book
*We have an audio version of Barbara’s book Not Under Bondage: Biblical Divorce for Abuse, Adultery and Desertion available on CD for survivors of domestic abuse who are visually disabled. She is making this available only to such people at present, and we are hoping that people will respect this. If you, or a survivor you know, is visually disabled and would like the audio version of Not Under Bondage indicate so when you contact Barbara.
If you are a victim of abuse who wants but can’t afford to purchase or is hesitate to purchase because your only credit card account is jointly shared with your abuser — any of these books, please email Barbara at email@example.com
In the email, indicate:
- which title(s) you want
- for Why Does He DO That? or Unholy Charade please indicate whether you want a paperback or kindle version (A Cry for Justice is only available in paperback)
- for Not Under Bondage please indicate whether you want a paperback or CD version for those who are visually impaired.
- a safe shipping address — some victims don’t want it shipped to their home address if they are still living with an abuser.
- and the name of the person you want the parcel addressed to.
Barbara will treat these details with the utmost confidentiality.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: While we endorse Lundy’s writings about the dynamics of domestic abuse, we do not recommend anyone attend the ‘healing retreats’ Lundy Bancroft offers or become involved in his ‘Peak Living Network.”***
Update: We would like to again thank our donors for their generosity. If you would like to contribute to the gift book fund, contact Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: ACFJ is NOT licensed as a nonprofit organization so any donations are NOT tax deductible.
If you’ve never commented on this blog before it is important to read our New Users’ Info page because it gives tips for how to guard your safety while commenting on the blog. And if you’re new to this blog we encourage you look at our FAQs. The New Users Info page and the FAQs can also be found on the top menu bar.